AVON U8 SDS WORLD CUP
The U8 World Cup program is designed to provide a structured and developmentally appropriate training environment for U8 players. Supported by professional trainers, age-specific curricula is delivered each season based on the United States Soccer Federation’s (USSF) Grassroots approach, to better support the coaching environment and the development of youth players.
For U8 players, we build the season around a World Cup soccer experience. Players will be placed into teams of World Cup countries. Not only will this add to the excitement of game day, but players can learn more about the players, culture and countries associated with the team they’ll represent for the season.
U8 will have one practice and one game per week, and they will follow a 4v4 game format.
· 8-week age-specific curriculum
· Implementation of US Soccer's Grassroots coaching method
· Communications app for all resources, schedules and program information.
· Weekly professional trainer demos and support
· Pre-season coach and parent meetings
· A World Cup themed jersey
· Game coaching and support
· An engaging 4v4 game format
· An exciting end of season World Cup Soccer Festival
U8 Volunteer Opportunities
· Parents are encouraged to help and coach. Please consider coaching your child's team for this season. It will truly be a rewarding experience for both you and your child. We are in need of a Head Coach and an Assistant Coach for each team. All training, curriculum, equipment, uniform and coaching support is provided for you to be successful.
· Prior to the season, there will be a coaching clinic to help parents become more comfortable on the field and understand the skills being taught at this age group.
· Team rosters will be announced once all volunteer positions are filled.
· We are also looking for U8 boys and U8 girls coordinators to liaise with our training partner Soccer XS and be a point of contact for coaches and parents at the field. This is an easy role for a parent or coach to get involved in helping the program run smoothly and supporting the experience for everyone.
· Team Manager – Each team benefits from having a team manager that can help with team planning for the end of season world cup tournament. Consider helping your team by organizing when the team will make their world cup parade banner, which parents will bring to the festival and generally helping form a community around your team.
Supplied: World Cup Player Jersey
Supplied: Coaches Shirt
Required: shin guards, socks, cleats, size #3 ball and water bottle